If you have been looking forward to studying nursing in Canada but do not know which nursing school to choose then this resource is the best for you. I bring you the list of Top 11 Nursing Schools in Canada.
Take your time go through the list and choose from one of the schools that is affordable and has a flexible admission requirement for international students.
Table of Contents
8 Reasons Why You Should Study Nursing in Canada?
If you are looking for top nursing programs Canada offers, as well as the easiest nursing programs to get into Canada, take into consideration these 8 reasons. They will guide to make your decision whether to study in Canada or choose another country.
Quality teaching methods
Canadian nursing colleges are known to have high academic standards, and they also follow rigorous practices to maintain quality in order to offer excellent education to its students.
High value on clinical practice
Nursing schools in Canada will provide you with the opportunity to learn, explore and practice with modern facilities. You will also have the opportunity to practice or obtain knowledge from internships at the best clinics in Canada, during or after your studies.
Increased chances of employment
Graduates from Canadian Nursing Schools are majorly sought after for employment. Therefore, having a Canadian degree from the best nursing schools in Canada increases your chances of being hired in any health care organization around the world.
Excellent international reputation
Canada is known to be among the top countries in the world for nursing education, due to its infrastructural environment, and high academic standards and demands required from students.
When you attend a Canadian nursing school, you will be fully prepared to practice nursing professionally. You will receive training on areas like psychology, communication, and professional ethics as well, to be able to communicate, listen and understand your patients’ psychology as a nurse.
Being provided with great employment opportunities on an international basis is one of the benefits that comes with studying nursing in Canada. You will also have the opportunity to meet lifelong friends during nursing school, for networking in the future.
Internships and career advancement
Canadian nursing colleges offer advancement for students to gain hands-on experience through internship programs as a way to kick-start their professional career.
Work as you study
International students who probably choose to study a Masters in nursing program in Canada can be permitted to work while studying. Generally, international students can work for up to 20 hours during semesters and full-time during winter breaks.
11 Best Nursing Schools in Canada and their Average Tuition Fees
|University of Toronto
|University of Alberta
|University of British Columbia
|University of Calgary
|University of Ottawa
Top 11 Best Nursing Schools in Canada
This section talks about top 20 nursing schools in Canada, their average tuition fees, and a direct application link to each school. These schools also happen to be the best nursing schools in Canada 2022. Read on to find out which school suits you.
1. University of Toronto
University of Toronto which is one of the best nursing universities in Ontario, has a highly respected reputation in the medical profession, and provides students with a foundation to build a rewarding nursing career.
If you are searching for 2 year nursing programs in Canada for international students, U of T will be a great choice for you. The University of Toronto Lawrence S. Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing’s full-time, two-year Master of Nursing (MN) program provides graduates with the intensive training required to provide care for patients across a range of needs.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 31,500
Admission requirements to apply to University of Toronto School of Nursing
- Applicants must hold the BScN degree of the University of Toronto or an equivalent degree
- Applicants must have obtained at least a mid-B standing in the final year of undergraduate study and, in addition, must have obtained at least a B standing in the next-to-final year
- Bachelors Equiv: Bachelor`s Degree, requiring a minimum of 4 years of study (e.g. BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BTech, BEng, BArch, etc.) Or Completion of BOTH a Bachelor`s (three-year) degree and a Master`s
- TOEFL- 93/120
2. University of Alberta
The University of Alberta, located in Edmonton, happen to be amongst the best nursing schools in Alberta, and also offers some of the best nursing programs in Alberta.
This school offers four undergraduate programs that lead to a BScN, including a collaborative program with Red Deer College, Keyano College (Fort McMurray), or Grande Prairie Regional College. All four years can be taken at any of the three colleges, or students can choose to apply to the University of Alberta after their third year, and will be considered University of Alberta students for their fourth year if they want.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 27,540
Admission requirements to apply to University of Alberta School of Nursing
- High school grades and transcripts
- Transcripts from any post-secondary institutions attended
- Detailed course descriptions for each postsecondary course completed
- Official English translation, if required
- English language test scores
- SAT/ACT scores, if applicable
- TOEFL – 90/120, PTE – 61/90, IELTS – 6.5/9
Start Application Process belowAPPLY NOW!
3. McMaster University
The School of Nursing at McMaster in Hamilton, Ontario, which happens to be amongst the top 10 nursing schools in Ontario, was established in 1946 and became part of the Faculty of Health Sciences in 1974 when it moved into the McMaster University Medical Centre.
The four-year degree program is offered in collaboration with Mohawk College and Conestoga College, with local teaching hospitals and community health settings providing clinical training opportunities. International students searching for good nursing schools in Ontario, should consider this school a great choice.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 41,549
Admission Requirements to apply to McMaster University School of Nursing
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Prerequisite: English, Chemistry, Mathematics (One of Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or Statistics), Biology
- IELTS – 6.5/9. Minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening)
4. University of British Columbia
The University of British Columbia which offers some of the best accelerated nursing programs in Canada, ensure that its students are qualified to provide professional nursing services to promote, maintain, and restore patient health.
The UBC School of Nursing BSN Program is an accelerated program leading to a BSN degree. Students enter the program in year three either after completing a bachelor’s degree or achieving a minimum of 48 credits in another field of study at UBC or other college or university.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 39,649
Admission requirements to apply to University of British Columbia School of Nursing
- Higher Secondary School Certificate awarded on completion of Standard XII
- Required subjects: English, Biology (Standard XII), Chemistry (Standard XII), Math (Grade 11 or Algebra II level)
- TOEFL – 90/120, PTE – 65/90,
- IELTS – 6.5/9
5. McGill University
McGill’s Ingram School of Nursing in Montreal which is amongst the top 10 nursing schools in Canada, offers a 4 year fulltime undergraduate BScN program which offers innovative courses that develop fundamental nursing expertise and skills and opens the door to a variety of exciting career opportunities.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 23,464
Admission Requirements to apply to McGill University Nursing School
- Applicants will be considered for admission on Class X Board exams (if written), school transcripts for Grade 10, 11 and mid-year 12 or, if already written, on the final Class XII Certificate
- overall average and prerequisite subject requirements normally between 75% to the 85%
- Subjects must include mathematics and two of biology, chemistry or physics in Class 11 and 12
- TOEFL – 100/120
- IELTS – 7.5/9
5. University of Calgary
University of Calgary which is one of the top nursing schools in Canada, is known for preparing nurses for advanced practices in focused areas such as direct clinical practice, education, or health policy and leadership.
The Master of Nursing degree which is amongst 2 year nursing programs in Canada that comes with extensive training, is also a perfect fit for RNs who already have an expert knowledge base and complex decision-making skills.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 10,709
Admission Requirements to apply to University of Calgary School of Nursing
- A four-year baccalaureate degree, normally in nursing
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point system, over the past two years of full-time study (a minimum of 10 full-course equivalents or 60 units) of the undergraduate degree
- TOEFL – 97/120
- PTE – 68/90
- IELTS – 7/9
7. Dalhousie University
Dalhousie’s School of Nursing which happens to be one of the top nursing schools in Canada 2022, is part of Dalhousie’s Faculty of Health Professions.
Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Health Professions offers 3 years full-time undergraduate degree program Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) which prepares students to become registered nurses (RNs). Graduate programs are also available, including Master of Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, and Doctor of Nursing.
Average Tuition fee: CAD 23,340
Admission Requirements to apply to Dalhousie University Nursing School
- Applicants must have passed 12th with minimum 75% marks from CBSE or CISCE or other Senior Secondary School Certificate awarded after Standard XII
- Prerequisites: English, Chemistry, Biology, Math and one additional academic subject
- TOEFL Score – 90/120
- PTE – 61/90
- IELTS – 6.5/9
8. York University
York University is one of the schools that offer good nursing programs in Canada. The collaborative four-year honors nursing program at York allows students to take their first two years at either Seneca or Georgian College and the third and fourth years at the York University Keele campus.
York also offers a second entry BScN program for those students who already have a degree in any discipline and allows for completion in two years.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 32,416
Admission requirements to apply to York University School of Nursing
- Completion of one of the following: Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Intermediate Examination Certificate, Pre-University Examination Certificate.
- IELTS Score – 7/9
9. Western University
The Arthur Labatt Family School of Nursing at Western University in London, Ontario, which is one of the top nursing schools in Ontario, provides students access to a learning environment that prioritizes research, community involvement and the latest developments in medical care.
Known to having some of the best nursing programs in Ontario, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BScN) at Western University, is a 4-year program that qualifies students to apply for registration as a professional nurse as well.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 43,023
Admission Requirements to apply to Western University Nursing School
Entry to the Western University BScN program is on a competitive basis. You must have the following to be considered for admission:
- Students having completed two or more full-time years of a university must have a minimum overall average of 70% in the last 10 full courses completed
- Students applying from university with less than 10 full courses must have a minimum 70% overall average on all university work completed
- All students applying to the program must have completed the equivalent of the following Ontario high school courses with a minimum grade of 65% in each: Grade 12 English, Grade 12 Biology, Grade 12 Chemistry, One of Grade 11 Functions and Applications.
- TOEFL Score – 92/120 with 22-24 in writing, 26 in speaking, 20 in reading, and 20 in listening
- IELTS – 7/9 with at least 6.5 in reading and listening and at least 7 in writing and speaking
10. Queen’s University
The nursing program at Queen’s University is sure to be one of the best practical nursing programs in Ontario. The Bachelor of Nursing program educates students to competently address the health needs of individuals, families, and communities in a variety of environments.
Students who reside in the heart of Canada, searching for top nursing programs in Ontario, can consider Queen’s a great choice.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 48,600
Admission requirements to apply to Queen’s University Nursing School
- You must have passed Standard XII with an average of 75% with subjects- English, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics and minimum English final grade of 75%
- TOEFL – 88/120. 24 Writing, 22 Speaking, 22 Reading, 20 Listening.
- PTE – 60/90
- IELTS – 6.5/9. No band below 6.0
Start Application ProcessAPPLY NOW!
11. University of Ottawa
The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual university in the world and offers most of the best nursing programs Ottawa has ever produced.
The four-year BScN program can be completed entirely through the uOttawa program or via the collaborative program offered jointly in English at Algonquin College in Ottawa and Pembroke, or in French at La Cites College, also in Ottawa.
There is also a bridging program for internationally educated nurses and registered practical nurses. UOttawa also offer some of the best masters of nursing programs in Canada, as masters and Ph.D. programs in nursing are also available at the university.
Average Tuition Fee: CAD 44,149
Admission requirements to apply to University of Ottawa School of Nursing
- You must hold Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Subjects required: English, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics
- A minimum average of 65% is required in both the chemistry and the biology prerequisite courses
- Past experience indicates that students with a strong background in biology, chemistry and physics have an increased rate of success
- TOEFL – 86/120. Minimum of 22 in the writing section
- PTE – 60/90. Minimum of 60 in the writing section
- IELTS – 6.5/9. Minimum of 6.5 in the writing section
To Start Your Application Process, Click On The Button Below!
If you found this post useful, kindly share it with others. This may help someone.
For more useful and informative articles like this, subscribe to our notifications to receive the latest posts as soon as we publish them. You can also bookmark this page for future access.
Share this article to various social media platforms so that other will benefit from it too.